Unread post by Guest »

Finnsegler, die ihr altes Vangard Finn modernsieren wollen,
können ein
Deck ring conversion kit ? 200.00

bei Devoti bestellen.

http://www.devotisailing.com/downloads/ ... s-list.pdf

Einbauanleitung folgt

Unread post by Guest »

Dieser Umbau würde mich wirklich interessieren.
Wer hat das schon gemacht? Gibst vielleicht Bilder?

lg Hannes

Unread post by Guest »

Q. I'm going to mold an adjustable deck ring, what dimensions should I use?

DP: The hole should be just over 4". Make the deck ring fit snug around your mast collar. They'll wear and become sloppier. I had a guy with a water jet cut out my last batch. So, the deck ring can be 5"x5". The last 3 conversions I did, I started with a 5"x8" chunk of UHMW. I used it as the plug for the deck ring cavity. I centered it on the deck, 1" behind and 2" in front of the existing hole.I then cut the rectangle out of the deck, lowered the UHMW to deck level, and glassed the edges in with two layers of 1.5oz mat. Then, I popped the UHMW out and cut the ends off (now it is 5" by 5" with a 4" hole). I stuffed about 4 more layers of mat between the deck and the newly created deck ring cavity chamfering the corners and making the shelf 1/2" at the sides.
Now the deck ring can slide an inch farther aft and two inches farther forward than stock. Running shock cord across the top to hold the shims in during capsize, is a good idea. I hold the deck ring in with spectra running to the base. It is lighter than the Devoti aluminum angle method.

Quelle: Solo

Uwe-N

Unread post by Uwe-N »

Hallo Hannes

im US-Magazin Solo habe ich - wenn ich mich recht erinnere - eine bebilderte Umbauanleitung gesehen.

Leider finde ich diese Anleitung nicht mehr

Der Umbau ist sinnvoll, wenn man ein älteres Finn mit einem Wing-Mast bestücken will. In diesem Fall sollte nämlich der Mastring etwas weiter nach vorn versetzt werden.

Sorry

Uwe.N

Unread post by Guest »

und im Forum der US-Finn-KV erhielt ich die folgende Antwort:

Hi,

Measurements from a recent Devoti have the front of the ring at about 23.25 inches from the bow (projection of the hull up to the deck - not the actual front of the boat at deck level) and the back at 30.75 inches. The measurements are to the inside surface of the depression in the deck, not to the mast hole in the sliding block). Multiply by 25.4 if you want the dimensions in mm.

Center the deck ring using a string from the center of the transom to the bow of the boat.

Good luck,

Will

Source: http://www.nafinnclass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=215

Unread post by Guest »

...und Max schrieb im US-Finn-Forum:

Hi,
also thinking of doing this.

I?m not sure if you can use Devoti's position if you don't move the foot as well. I think the Devoti has the mast foot longer forward. If you make the same position in deck ( as Devoti) and the foot in Vanguard standard position you will not get the right rake possibilities.

I have heard somthing like moving the new center of slot forward about 15 mm forward compared to the center of old fixed mast position ( Vanguard) if you don't move the foot.

Is there anyone else who can help guide in this matter? All experiences are most welcome before I cut out the new hole

Max

Unread post by Guest »

.... und Phil King schrieb im US-Forum:

I used the present mast position as the rear of the Devoti kit and cut forward from there. gound down the gellcoat where the flange will be
Thickened West System epoxy, and glued it in.
Also moved the mast step forward for proper rake.
Phil

GER 110
Your Boat and Sail-Number: G

Unread post by GER 110 »

... und Brookesy antwortete im US-Forum:

Hi,
I am also doing this in a very early Vanguard, hull number 23, from the the first mould. I have carried out a fair bit of research and measured newer hulls ie Devoti and Pata and have just cut my deck to take the Devoti kit with the back edge of the mast slot at 3733mm from the transom as on the latest Devoti. If you stretch a length of cord from your top rudder fitting to the stem of the hull it will help to correctly locate the gate in square when you epoxy it down. I have used six 5mm bolts equally spaced to pull the moulding down and will then blend it in with polyester filler.
For the foot adjuster I have moved it 3 inches forward by just cutting the slot out and bolting it back in, which was fairly easy through the deck before the gate was installed.
Next I am investigating the new Pata Willets Adjustible c/b pivot bolt which is available as a kit.